Course Date & Time
9:00 am, January 29th – 5:00 pm, January 30th, 2019
SCA Course Registration
SCA CSP Roasting Foundation is a two-day course designed to introduce core roasting skills and equipment. This course will provide a more detailed understanding of the roasting process and the different kinds of heat transfer at work.
Sensory and Green Coffee Foundation level courses are recommended (but not mandatory) pre-requisites.
In this course you will learn:
- Measurements can be collected on green and roasted coffee
- Comparing roasting profile
- Roasting color
- Roasting color and flavor
- Chemical reactions contributing to flavors
- Discipline to conduct tasting consisitently and regularly for a roaster
- Roasting terminologies
- Rate of rise and calculation
- Weight change and volume change
- Size, density and moisture change
- Roasting equipment
- Production efficiency and quality control
If you register for the course less than 7 days prior to the course date then cancel, you will not be eligible for a refund.
If the cancellation is processed no later than 7 days prior to the course date, the full course fee will be refunded, minus a refund fee of $50.
Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the course date are not eligible for a refund.