Course Date & Time
10:00 am – 5:00 pm, December 22nd, 2018
SCA Course Registration
SCA CSP Roasting Foundation is a full-day course designed to introduce core roasting skills and equipment to people with no previous roasting experience. The student will be able to describe the various stages of roasting using all basic terminology.
Sensory and Green Coffee Foundation level courses are recommended (but not mandatory) pre-requisites.
In this course you will learn:
- Coffee roasting and roasting equipment
- Common features and controls on drum roasters
- The roasting process
- Physical progression of coffee roasting process
- Record time, temperature and other relevant data on roast logs
- Calculate development time and temperature midway point
- The relationship between flame and roast speed
- Roasting documentation
- Sensorial changes that occur during roasting
- Safety and maintenance
If you register for the course less than 7 days prior to the course date then cancel, you will not be eligible for a refund.
If the cancellation is processed no later than 7 days prior to the course date, the full course fee will be refunded, minus a refund fee of $50.
Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the course date are not eligible for a refund.