Introduction to Coffee
Course Date & Time
10:00 am – 4:00 pm, December 17th, 2018
SCA Course Registration
Introduction to coffee is your first step in your long journey to coffee. This is a full-day 6-7 hours course which will touch on every aspect of coffee, including
- Coffee’s historical development as a drink.
- What is specialty coffee?
- To compare and experience difference between freshly brewed coffee vs. instant coffee.
- To experience commercial grade coffee vs. specialty coffee.
- Understand the coffee beans.
- From coffee botany to coffee species.
- Compare two common coffee species Arabica and Robusta.
- Geographical areas involved in growing coffee, tasting coffee from different regions.
- Coffee processing method, and how they affect the flavor of coffee in the cup.
- The basics of sensory
- The science behind how you get the flavor out of food and drink.
- How to taste coffee.
- The basics of roasting
- Understand the steps in roasting.
- Understand the equipment.
- Experience how different roasting level will affect flavor of coffee.
- Coffee freshness
- The basics of brewing
- A range of different equipment and methods available to brew coffee.
- The parameters of brewing.
- The basics of barista
- Learn how to pull an espresso shot and how to make milk-based drinks.
If you register for the course less than 7 days prior to the course date then cancel, you will not be eligible for a refund.
If the cancellation is processed no later than 7 days prior to the course date, the full course fee will be refunded, minus a refund fee of $50.
Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the course date are not eligible for a refund.