Green Coffee Foundation
Course Date & Time
10:00 am – 5:00 pm, December 21st, 2018
SCA CSP Green Coffee Foundation is a full-day course designed to cover the key concepts surrounding green coffee from growing the plant, through processing, shipping and storage to arrival at a roastery. This course is ideally suited for people new to there coffee industry or those looking to gain an insight into the broad subject matter of green coffee. It includes an introduction to the basics of quality checks, coffee grading, and taste/flavor differences due to processing or species.
You will learn:
- The theories
- Botany difference between species and variety/cultivar
- Genetic differences in species and the different farming conditions
- Species physiological differentiation.
- The global spread of coffee.
- World production of coffee
- Species split
- Origin statistics
- Coffee farming
- Land tenure
- Plant management
- Post-harvest processing
- Overview of common principles of processing
- Practice in different countries
- Washed, natural, pulped natural
- Drying, milling, grading
- Futures market
- Coffee futures market
- Storage & Transport
- Transport coffee
- Storage time
- Storage conditions
- Market differentiation
- Third party accreditation
- Equipment for green coffee
If you register for the course less than 7 days prior to the course date then cancel, you will not be eligible for a refund.
If the cancellation is processed no later than 7 days prior to the course date, the full course fee will be refunded, minus a refund fee of $50.
Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the course date are not eligible for a refund.