Barista Skills Foundation
Course Date & Time
10:00 am – 5:00 pm, December 19th, 2018
SCA CSP Barista Foundation is a 7-hour course designed to introduce core barista skills to people with no previous barista experience. Successful candidates should be able to calibrate their grinders and make an espresso and cappuccino to the core standards.
In this course you will learn:
- The coffee beans
- Difference between Arabica and Robusta
- The importance of coffee freshness
- The workspace management
- Grinding, dosing and tamping techniques
- Learn the correct terminology to identify types and parts of grinder
- Acceptable range of coffee used in espresso
- Dosing action
- Tamping techniques
- Calibration of a grinder
- Identify grind size impact on final shot flavor
- Extracting and brewing techniques
- Espresso, traditional definition, US practice on making espresso
- The sequence of making an espresso
- Understand the basic sensory qualities of espresso
- Milk techniques
- Different milk and different textures
- Milk temperature
- Foaming and frothing the milk
- Milk in different drinks
- Understand the menu
- Hygiene, health & safety
If you register for the course less than 7 days prior to the course date then cancel, you will not be eligible for a refund.
If the cancellation is processed no later than 7 days prior to the course date, the full course fee will be refunded, minus a refund fee of $50.
Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the course date are not eligible for a refund.